Conditionally approved by FDA pending a full demonstration of effectiveness under application number 141-526.
Laverdia-CA1 is the first oral tablet FDA conditionally approved to treat lymphoma in dogs. While it is not a replacement for CHOP Chemotherapy protocols, it is a drug that can expand access to treatment due to lower cost and added convenience of at home dosing.
- It can be a useful option for dogs whose owners decline an oncology referral.
- It can be an interim treatment while waiting for an oncologist appointment.
- It can even be used after a time of remission and the patient relapses.
- Caretakers should wear protective disposable chemotherapy resistant gloves when handling Laverdia-CA1
- Conditional approval is given to products that are demonstrated to be safe and that have a reasonable expectation of effectiveness when used under the conditions described in the labeling.
- An additional clinical trial will be conducted in dogs to demonstrate full effectiveness.